Monday, 16 January 2017

2017 Spring/Summer Makeup Trends

We may only be two weeks in to 2017 but I hope you've had a bright and happy start to the year! I had exams the day after New Year's so I had to pass on some of the festivities. But I got good results so I suppose it's was worth it. Anyway, the month of January has us layering up and furiously applying lip balm every morning, I for one find I have less motivation in the winter. Something to look forward to however is the upcoming Spring/Summer season, for which fashion and beauty houses are already churning out new collections. I love this season, so to psyche myself up for it I'm bringing you a taste of what you can expect to see more and more of as 2017 progresses.

These days I'm trying to focus more on the beauty and makeup side while writing my blog, so today I'll just be introducing these trends. But maybe I will do a post about fashion too if this one goes well.

1. Lip Gloss
Anyone can tell you 2016 was dominated by matte lips, and although you don't have to put your Kylie kits away, try picking up a lipgloss and trying something new this year. Shiatzy Chen, Maison Margiela and Dior are among some of the brands that sent high shine gleaming lips down the runway. I think it's a fresh concept and an alternative to matte finishes that gives so much more dimension to a look.



2. Pink
If given a selection of colours I usually find myself grabbing the pink option. Looking at my blog too I think it's pretty obvious I'm partial to a pink hue. So you can imagine how excited I am to see Spring collections and work this colour into my makeup looks. In particular there were a lot of pink eyeshadows popping up from brands such as Tadashi Shoji and Anna Sui at NYFW. I'm excited to pink up some new rosy shades and try it out myself!



3. Glitter Lips
New Year may have passed but that doesn't mean you have to hide your glitter makeup until next year. Fendi and DKNY in particular surprised and delighted with full on glitter lips as the point makeup for the Spring/Summer collections. Although not an everyday look, it's fun to see extreme makeup looks on the runway, it's certainly eye catching.



4. Dewy Skin
If you like the moist, dewy skin look that many Korean base products these days set out to achieve, you can rejoice for cushion makeup will be your best friend this season. Along with the fall of matte lips, matte finish foundations are also being put on the shelf this spring. Whip out your highlighters and illuminating primers to achieve a soft, glowing skin look as seen on models at Isabel Marant, Prada and Lanvin.



5. Heavy Blush
Another eye catching trend was the extreme blush that Kenzo was turning heads with. There were other more subtle approaches in collections for Chanel and Fetty Puma but whatever the case prepare yourself for some bright blushes, as well as matching lip colours in some cases. 



What do you guys think about these new trends? Will you be trying any of them? If you have any comments, suggestions or questions please leave them below! ^^ Thank you~

4 comments:

  1. I'm so ready for the heavy blush trend! I tend to do mine a little on the heavy side anyway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try it with pink >< also matching it with lipstick is super pretty and interesting too~ ♡

      Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Awww glitter lips are my thing! I looove everything that sparkles! ;)

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I want to try out a really wearable version and I'm tempted to make a tutorial about it! Thank you for reading Laura♡

      Delete