Saturday, 5 March 2016

My Japan Haul - Christmas 2015 ♥

I was lucky enough to take a two week trip to Japan last Christmas, which was so so exciting and I want to write more posts about it in the future! I'd been dying to visit for ages, being a big fan of Anime and cute things~ I had the best time with my two friends, and basically got to see and do everything I'd dreamed of doing since I was little ^^


The most unfortunate thing is that because I was hopping over from Korea, I could only take my little cabin bag. It was the most practical for travelling around the country, and I didn't want to bring my enormous one ._. In retrospect I wish that I had just bought a medium sized one to take with me, because I really couldn't buy very many things to bring back :( I'm grateful to have loads of photos and amazing memories from the trip, but it would be nice to have bought more souvenirs and merchandise! I hope to go back to Tokyo in the future though, so maybe I'll be more prepared ^^




I will share with you all today a few of the things that I did bring back with me, they're mostly small things you might notice... but I'm thankful to have had the chance to visit rather than the chance to buy things. I also want to share a few more of the places I visited at the same time, so I hope you enjoy. If you've ever been to Japan or want to go, let me know in the comments what kind of things you would bring back with you!

Souvenirs from the Pokémon Centre in Osaka!


I should have written this post sooner, as many of the things I bought from the Pokémon Centre were gifts for friends and family, so I don't have them anymore! There were also a few edible things that my little brother inhaled pretty quickly... but I did get a Mudkip plushie, which is what I really really wanted to find! He's so cute and became my travel buddy for the rest of my time abroad (I did almost leave him in Hongdae... but my friend rescued him hehe). The Pokémon Centre is the best place in the world to visit if you like the show or the games, and we spent a long long time in there >.< If I get the chance to go back I want to get more plushies! ^^

Souvenirs from the One Piece shop in Tokyo!


I don't know if I've ever mentioned this but I am a really really really big fan of One Piece, so a portion of the free space in my suitcase was reserved for some One Piece things. It's probably my favourite Anime ever, so it made sense! I also gifted a few things and ate a few of the edible products, but my two friends were super sweet and bought me some extra presents for Christmas when I wasn't looking ^^ As you can imagine I could have bought so much more, but I was limited to small things that weren't too expensive. My favourite things though are probably the books, one is an activity book filled with postcards and cute activities to do and I love it so  much!  

Tokyo Disneyland 


I love Disneyland, so just imagine my excitement when we found it would be open on Christmas Day in Tokyo! Christmas is not really celebrated much in Japan, so it was a magical way for us to remember Christmas that year. It was busy and full of couples, but we played games in the waiting lines and were generally so happy to be there so we didn't let it bother us. I refused to go on anything until I bought this cute Minnie Mouse headband, which is now one of my favourite souvenirs! I could have bought more Disney things, but it was quite expensive, and I can visit a Disney Store here in England, so I didn't really feel the need to splash out.

Coat from Kyoto


I deliberately didn't bring a warm coat with me to Japan because I wanted the room in my suitcase >.< I thought I could manage, and for the first week I was fine, but it started getting pretty cold once we got to Kyoto. I planned to buy one if it got cold, and I settled for this cute pink one from a shop along Shijo Street. In England we call this style a duffle coat, but my Korean friends told me they call it a Tteokbokki coat which I think is cuter heh. The fluffy parts are detachable which is nice, but it's very easy to wear and cosy too ^^

6 comments:

  1. You're so lucky!
    I wanna go to the Pokémon centre ! ;)

    Laura.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so much fun >< I just wish we had more places like that in England! ^^ Thanks for reading Laura<3

      Delete
  2. I am so damn jealous! But so happy for you that you got the chance to go to Japan. It looks and sounds like you had an amazing time. I really want to go to the Pokemon Centre, as well as the Studio Ghibli Museum. Such a sucker for cute things like that. ^_^

    It is one of my life dreams to visit Japan. I'd never want to come home. :P

    https://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We tried to go to the Studio Ghibli museum but didn't realise you had to reserve tickets -_- it was a sad day... but I really hope you can visit Japan too one day! I never thought I'd have the chance but sometimes these things can really happen ^^

      Delete
  3. THERE'S A POKEMON CENTER AND ONE PIECE STORE IN JAPAN??? Actually, I'm not surprised but that's still pretty awesome! Would've loved to have been able to go to the Pokemon Center when I was in Japan last fall. And spending Christmas in Disneyland? YOU ARE LIVING THE LIFE.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many themed shops and cafes in Japan, it's really amazing! ^^ Thank you so much for your comment Vanessa <3

      Delete