Monday, 8 February 2016

Six Months Later...

I don't even know if anybody will even read my blog posts any more, but I'm going to try and get back into the swing of things. I seriously had every intention of writing little updates while I was in Korea, but as it turned out I was so busy every day and fell out of the habit. But I'm back now! And I have a few months of not really doing very much, so if you are interested in hearing about some of the things I got up to on my travels, more posts should be appearing very soon!

For anyone who didn't know or forgot (it was so long ago I wrote about it...) I've just got back from working six months in South Korea, plus I spent a few weeks in Japan. I scored a really great opportunity to take half of my gap year and work as a teaching and boarding house assistant in an international school on Jeju Island. Through this I had the chance to travel around Korea a little bit, spending my summer holiday in Busan as well as Chuseok and New Years in Seoul. For most of December I was also able to visit Japan, though anyone who follows me on Instagram will probably be aware of this! 

A nice shot of my and my friend getting excited about temples in Kyoto


I really am not exaggerating when I say the past six months has been the best time of my entire life. I feel so lucky to have been able to make some of my dreams of travelling to Asia come true at such a young age. I did so many amazing things and met many wonderful people, it'll take a lot of blogging to cover everything! Part of what made the experience so great was being able to work with the best kids, who were so kind-hearted and full of love. It made the long hours and busy schedules totally worthwhile - and made it incredibly hard to leave.

My outlook on my future and where I want to be has also changed a lot, I feel incredibly positive and determined to stay passionate about making my dreams become reality. For this reason, I'm excited to let you all know I will be returning to Korea very soon. This summer, I'm scrapping all the other plans I had for uni and am going to study Korean for a year or two at Yonsei university. I came to realise languages are one of my strengths and biggest passions, and that South Korea is where I want to be right now. So, I'm following my heart and heading back in a few months time. 

Sorry England... but just look at this place!

If there's anyone who I haven't spoken to for a long time, please send me a comment or a message, I seriously want to catch up with all my old blogger friends (and make new ones too)! ^-^

I'm on Kakao : EmilyMarysia
Instagram : @emily_marysia
Gmail : emily.marysia.thomas@gmail.com

12 comments:

  1. You're back :D I'm still a reader :) I hope you'll be writing this blog in the future as well ^^

    Yonsei University sounds really cool ;W; I want to study in Korea as well but at first I need to save up money LOL !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woo! I'm so happy there is at least one person hehe ^-^

      I'm super excited to be going there, and thankfully my parents are very supportive of me doing what I love<3 Thanks so much for reading Jenna~ let's stay in touch!

      Delete
  2. That's amazing to travel for sucha long period! Where have you visited! New Friend here :P

    <3 Celly
    ❤ TheSnowFlowerrr ❤ Beauty and Makeup Blog ❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a lot of fun ^^ I've been to Jeju, Seoul, Busan, Osaka, Kyoto and Tokyo ~ there's still so many more places I would like to visit though ^-^ Thanks for visiting Celly !♡

      Delete
  3. awwww so good you had an amazing time there! so jelly you went korea omg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle ^-^ I can't wait to be back out in Korea again~

      Delete
  4. Hi Emily! It's nice to see you write you in this blog, again! I'm happy for you. Keep following your dreams, girl! (^_^) Korea is a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mariel, thanks for stopping by! ^-^ I really appreciate the support, I feel much happier now that I can do what my heart wants~

      Delete
  5. Emily!!! So glad to see an update from you! I'm so excited for you and your new found plans! Congratulations and good luck! Can't wait to see more updates from you! What an experience, I'm hoping to do something similar soon or at least in the future!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words Anna ^-^ I've really had the best time, and seriously can't wait to get back out there! Hope you're doing well, and best of luck with whatever you've got planned for the future <3

      Delete
  6. Im still here too! Heh.
    So glad you had a brilliant time and am incredibly jealous of your experience across Asia and for your plans to go to Yonsei University!
    How exciting!

    Looking forward to more updates from you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Holly! Thank you so much for your comment, I'm so happy you think it's exciting too! ^-^

      Delete