Monday, 22 February 2016

CLIO Mini Haul and Review

After a few months in Korea, I found myself in need of a new foundation. Luckily I had a trip to Seoul lined up at the right time, so scheduled in an afternoon in Myeongdong. This is a really nice shopping district well known to many foreigners. It has all kinds of shops and stalls but is arguably most famous for the cosmetics and skincare shops that seem to appear every few metres. If you ever go to Korea I really recommend you visit, there are always people standing out in front of the shops handing out free facemasks and samples (even if they do practically force you inside once you take them!).

I ended up making a stop at one of the Clio stores because I'd heard quite good things about the Kill Cover foundations. It was really small and cramped but I managed to test some of the finishes and shades to work out which one I wanted. As it turned out I also quite liked the concealer from the same line, and I grabbed a new mascara on the way to the checkout. This was my first time buying products from Clio and actually I'm very satisfied with them!




Kill Cover Highest Wear Foundation

I wear shade 3-BY ~ Linen

The first time I used this product I think I applied too much product, and it felt quite heavy on my skin, like my pores were being suffocated. But actually the plus point of this product is that the coverage is really good - so just a small amount can even out your skin. Once I worked this out, I was very happy with the look on my skin. It's a pretty matte finish and will really last a long time. Unfortunately I can't remember how much I actually paid for this, but I know it is a little more pricey than the usual Korean foundations. You can purchase it on W2Beauty for around £25, but I definitely paid less than that since I was in Korea at the time.

Kill Cover Pro Artist Liquid Concealer

I wear shade 2-BP ~ Lingerie

This concealer is probably my favourite purchase that I made from Clio, and something I think I'll be buying again when I run out. The coverage is really great and I haven't experienced any kind of caking or clumping even if I wear it all day. I like the difference it makes to my under-eye area! The packaging feels really luxurious and I don't think it'll break like my previous Banila Co one (I wasted so much of that product because of the plastic cap snapping and leaking everywhere ._. ). I really recommend you give this concealer ago, probably even more so than the foundation.

Hitch Eye-King Curling Mascara


I bought this mascara on a bit of a whim, and it's not bad - but I can't see it replacing the brands I already use. It does lengthen my eyelashes quite nicely, and looks very natural, but I don't notice a huge amount of curling like the product claims to do. Overall I wouldn't say it's my new favourite mascara or anything crazy, but it does the job and I have no particular complaints about it! There are a lot of mascaras in the range, but actually I'm not that interested in them, but perhaps a different one would work better with my eyelashes?

 Has anyone else had experience with Clio products? 

2 comments:

  1. I've never encountered this brand before, but it looks great! I'll have to check out the concealer when I get the chance!

    Stephanie ● Sartorial Diner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my first time using the brand too, but I'm very happy with the products! ^^ Thanks for your comment Stephanie! <3

      Delete