Wednesday, 24 June 2015

My Top Five Summer Makeup Essentials~

Hey guys remember me? I have to apologise for the severe lack of updates on my blog for the past few months, I've been studying hard for my final A-level exams and took a break from my blog since it was just one more thing distracting me from revision. But I've finished now, and have buckets of time with heaps of inspiration, a perfect combination! I hope the rest of you who have been/are in exam mode are doing ok, it's a stressful time but it'll all pay off in the end.

During my semi-hiatus, the seasons have definitely changed over here in England. We're finally getting some summer weather, and now I have time to fully enjoy it, I've been revamping a few aspects of my makeup collection and skincare routine. Recently I've been testing out a lot of new products and have found some new favourites which is exciting. Some of these new discoveries have been added in to this list of beauty products I tend to reach for when the weather is warm and sunny.




1. Precious Mineral Any Cushion - Etude House


I've been showing off this cushion foundation to my friends, telling them it's going to come to the Western market soon, just so they know I had one first. I carry this little baby with me everywhere in the summer, it's so convenient and I think it's my favourite kind of foundation for an everyday look in warm weather. The coverage is light but buildable, and I just love the finish of the product on my skin. I use the shade 'Light Beige No2' if anyone was wondering - but I am now on the prowl for some different kinds of cushion products, if you guys have any recommendations I'd love to hear them in the comments!

2. Touche Eclat Highlighting concealer - YSL


I don't own a huge amount of high end makeup, but this is something that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a good product to invest in. I never really bothered to highlight my face, but actually in the summer I think a little glow can look really pretty. I like how easy this is to use, and just generally I think this is a really good product. I also have the YSL touche Eclat foundation, which I think I might review separately, if anyone would be interested!

3. Hoola Bronzer - Benefit


I think a trusty bronzer is pretty essential on holiday or during the summer. I know a lot of people who swear by the Benefit Hoola box bronzer, and I can see why, I rarely reach for any other bronzer. The application is easy and looks so natural - it can be hard for me to find bronzer that looks pretty on my pale skin, but this really does the job. 

4. Lip Pigments - 3 Concept Eyes


Currently I have two of these, one in Electro Pink and one in Bright Orange. I want to try more colours, but these two in particular are really nice to wear when the sun's out. They last a long time which is great, and the colours are really pigmented. I especially love doing a gradient lip for everyday makeup look - I find using a small lip brush is the best way to apply them.

5. Waterproof Gel Eyeliner Pencil - Beauty People


There's nothing worse than makeup melting or smudging during the day. I got this eyeliner pencil in a Memebox, and it's by far the most smudge-proof pencil I've used. Mine is a really pretty brown colour with some subtle sparkles, I tend to reach for browns in summer since I prefer a natural makeup look - but there are other colour options with the same formula.

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! I'm really sad when it comes to etude house products, as they always break me out =( they have the loveliest packaging!

    xoxo Celly | beauty blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no that's such a shame! I really love Etude House, though 50% of the reason is because of the packaging^^ Thank you so much for reading Celly! x

      Delete
  2. welcome back emily! aaannd good luck on your exams!
    im with you on the benefit hoola bronzer. its my holy grail matte bronzer. im impressed to know that it still looks great on very light skin :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shayne^^ I think a lot of people are hoola converts haha~ x

      Delete
  3. Welcome back emily! I understand the struggles of A-levels, I hope you do well in your exams!
    I've been eyeing that benefit bronzers for the longest time now, I need to save up for it~
    Until Etude House officially makes its debut in the UK, thank god for Chinatown Market ^^:
    Thanks for writing ^^
    Minae ♥ Minaekei

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would really recommend them, I've never met someone who isn't in love with hoola! ^^ I took a while to jump aboard the wagon but it's definitely worth it♡

      I've never been to Chinatown market! I live too far from London to visit regularly~ I do have a trip lined up in a few weeks though so perhaps I'll make a stop!

      Thanks so much for your comment! ^^

      Delete
  4. Welcome back Emily! I haven't been active too but just saw your post first when I logged in again hehe~
    I heard so much good stuff about the cushion foundation but I actuallly am too lazy to wear any makeup in summer because it makes me feel uncomfortable T_T I heard good stuff about the Mamonde Real Skin Founder but I haven't tried it myself :-( I might buy the bronzer from Benefit when summer is finally over haha. Thanks for your recommendations :D I like your posts as always ♥

    Mindy ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mindy! ^^ hopefully I can keep up posting more often~

      I can't stand wearing heavy foundation if it's hot but cushions are really not so bad especially if you apply a thin layer (: but you have such good skin anyway so it probably doesn't matter!

      Thanks for reading as usual Mindy!^^ ♡

      Delete