Friday, 16 January 2015

Recent Beauty Purchases

I know it's not a conventional time to be talking about my beauty favourites, but frankly I'm just excited to share my love for these products with you all! Some of these things I got as gifts for Christmas, but the majority I bought myself. Usually I just stick with drugstore makeup and don't buy myself anything too expensive (I save that for when people ask what I want for a gift or something). But recently I've treated myself to a few things I've been after for a while, and I'm happy that I did because I've been really loving some of the products I chose! ^^ I'd love to know if you've tried any of these products, or if you've recently discovered something you really like~ thanks for reading! 

'In the Light' eyeshadow palette - Stila


I know I might be a little late on the bandwagon, but I already have quite a lot of eyeshadow and I don't use a lot of them often. But I really wanted to try out this palette for myself since it always has such high reviews, and Stila is a brand that I generally like a lot.

The colours are really pigmented and pretty, I particularly like using the shimmery ones for parties and nights out! The shade 'Kitten' is probably my favourite though because it's such a beautiful highlight colour, I use it regularly in the corners of my eyes. The shadows stay on all day without smudging or creasing, and application can be done wet or dry which is super cool ~ like everyone else, I would highly recommend this product!

Rouge Volupte Shine Lipstick No.8 - YSL 


Yet another product with a lot of hype, I'm constantly seeing beauty bloggers gush over new ysl lipsticks and I couldn't help but get jealous*-* I managed to find one in an online sale with about £10 off the original price, so I just went for it. I was so excited when it came in the post, like I opened that package so carefully.

The colour is quite a warm pink, and suits my skin tone well as quite a neutral shade. It's very wearable for many occasions depending how the rest of your makeup looks, and works well with some of my other lip liners and glosses. The formula is super moisuturising  and long-lasting, plus the packaging alone is just incredibly luxurious. I love it so much I have plans to try one of the non-shine versions as soon as possible, since they look super pretty too!

Princess - Vera Wang


This isn't something I've recently discovered actually, but I only just got the bigger size. When it comes to fragrance I'm no expert, but I prefer lighter scents that I can wear everyday. I always knew I liked this Vera Wang one but I realised I don't think I've mentioned it on my blog before. In fairness the reason I was attracted to it the first time was because of the adorable bottle, but I actually really love the scent, and pretty much the only one I use nowadays.

Gel Liner in 'Glitter Black' - 3 Concept Eyes



Any frequent readers of my blog won't be surprised by this one, since 3CE products always seem to creep their way into my favourites posts! I've been after a good gel liner for a little while, since the one I used to use wasn't that great and smudged quite easily. This is perfect though, I really can't fault it, and I'm super tempted to go ahead and order one of the more exciting colours just to try it out. It was very reasonably priced, and like I say, I'm never disappointed by Stylenanda cosmetic products, so I have high hopes!

Play 101 in shade 2 - Etude House


Keeping on the eyeliner train, I bought this to try out on a whim, since the current black pencil liner I was using occasionally has almost run out. If any of you know who the Korean makeup artist Pony is, you might have seen some of her videos with Etude House using the Play 101 pencils. Basically every video left me with an almost uncontrollable urge to buy all the colours and hoard them all. I thought if I tried the black one and liked the feel and application of it, I could go ahead and get some more. So it looks like my bank account might suffer a little in the coming months*-*

I was shocked mostly at how good the lasting power of these things are, I swatched it on my hand when I first opened it, and that line didn't come off easily after it dried. There was no smudging at all and the pigmentation is super awesome too. The one I have does contain a little bit of glitter which I really like, but I'm sure they have a matte one if you'd prefer that.

15 comments:

  1. Everything is so nice! specially the palette and the lipsticks <3
    take care*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The YSL Lipstick is my fave! It applies so smoothly and looks really elegant~
    xoxo

    http://unicornsanctuary.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I'm totally obsessed with it, plus I get so many compliments and questions when I do wear it^^ Thanks for reading Bee♡

      Delete
  3. OMG ! I love Vera Wang's Princess ;W; Been dreaming of buying it ever since I tested it on a cruise in 2010 or so but it was too expensive (~95€ or so). Now I recently ordered it from YesStyle because it was on sale. Still waiting for it to arrive though... I hope it arrives safely ;W;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god it's like my favourite perfume ~ it took me ages to get my hands on it too, I don't really buy myself perfumes:) Thanks for reating Jenna! ^^ x

      Delete
  4. I've been wanting to get my hands on those Etude House Play 101 pencils! I'm glad to hear their staying power is that good, it'll justify the many colors I end up buying! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man its so hard resisting just splurging on the whole collection hehe^^ I really want to try one out as a lip colour, so that'll probably be my next purchase! Thanks for reading Anna♡

      Delete
  5. Wow the products look great :) I wanted to buy the YSL lipstick, but I spent all my money on Korean skincare products >< So sad hahah
    Love, Jenny
    http://itsmeeejennyy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh well as least you'll have beautiful skin hehe^^ I find it really hard to justify buying most expensive beauty products but I think I'm on a crazy spending streak at the moment lol~ it's dangerous x

      Delete
  6. I do quite like shimmery shades in the Stila palette! (Kitten, Bubbly, Sunset) I loaned that palette to a friend, but I do quite miss it. Ah, YSL lippie. ONE DAY I'LL BE ABLE TO JUSTIFY PURCHASING THAT LIPSTICK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the shimmery ones are my favourite~ I use the palette all the time now, but maybe because I don't own that many hehe^^ Literally the only reason I bought it was because it was on sale and I was scared it would sell out if I hesitated! It is pricey though, even with a reduction lol>.< x

      Delete
  7. Tempted to try YSL lippies because of the packaging hahaha Is that bad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the main reason I wanted one lol>.< they look so pretty to display haha~ but luckily the quality is really good too! x

      Delete
    2. I might go ahead and try one then! hehehe

      Delete