Tuesday, 14 October 2014

Five Fall Fashion Trends 2014

I haven't written a proper 'fashion' post in a while, so I thought it was about time since the fall weather has started to make an appearance~ at least here in the UK. I've picked out five of my favourite trends for this season, and I wanted to share them with you all, perhaps give some of you a little inspiration for what to buy for fall. BUT please keep in mind this is a list of things I would wear, it is of course driven by current industry trends, however I'm no expert~ this is just me expressing how I would interpret some of the Autumn trends. I hope you all enjoy this post, let me know what you think in the comments, and what your favourite fashion to wear for fall?

1. Oversized



This is a personal favourite of mine since I have no motivation to exercise properly in the cold weather haha. Oversized clothing is super forgiving and if do right can look so cute. In some cities like London it's more popular to wear it in a 'chic' way, but in other places like Korea for example, looking cute and cosy is more popular. Here are a few pictures which will hopefully explain what I mean:

2. Gold



At first glance it seems like it would take a lot of courage to wear metallic clothing, but when I see it outside of the catwalk, I want to try it more myself! Wearing too much or certain pieces can look a little tacky so I think it's important to be sparing. I picked out a few examples that I like, but I know this look isn't for everyone~

3. Turtlenecks



Nothing says cosy like a nice knitted turtleneck, though I don't think it will suit everyone. For me, I don't like to wear chunky turtlenecks but instead maybe a thinner, ribbed top underneath something else. Layering is a must in cold weather so I think a top like this should be an essential in every fall wardrobe.

4. Army Print



Camouflage and khaki will always be a great thing to wear in this season (in my opinion) because there are so many opportunities to incorporate it into an outfit. Personally I love jackets and coats like this, partly because it's so easy to combine with the oversized trend I mentioned earlier. Like everything I know some people won't be as keen on this, but unfortunately for them I'll be working it all winter haha.

5. Nordic



Anything fairisle printed or Aztec patterned, especially in a cute knitted jumper is the best thing to wear if you want to look cosy and a little festive when it comes to Christmas time. I don't think many people can disagree that these patterns scream winter, and it's so wearble even with just jeans and trainers it looks cute.

16 comments:

  1. I like the 3rd and 5th style! things I would totally wear :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're quite wearable styles^^ Thanks for reading Diana! x

      Delete
  2. I gotta agree oversized is one of my favorites too!! I really want to try trend number 2, especially for the upcoming holidays, great post btw!

    honnetatemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it's my go to style in cold weather haha>.< I also think gold dresses would be so nice for a Christmas party or something~ thanks for reading Elyse^^ x

      Delete
  3. The oversized trend is a favorite of mine as well! ^^ I love how comfy and warm it is, and it's really simple. I've never really been a fan of patterned clothes, but this year I want to give it a try with nordic patterns~ They definitely are perfect for the holiday season! Thanks for the post Emily ^^ I always enjoy reading your posts about the fashion trends for the current season~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it too! ^^ I think Nordic patterns are so cute, especially for Christmas~ Thanks so much for reading Gloria, I'm happy you like reading this sort of pot because I really like writing them hehe^^ x

      Delete
  4. My favorite trend is gold and nordic are so pretty!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading! I'm glad you like the styles I picked out too^^ x

      Delete
  5. This was a very pleasant post to read! ^-^
    My favourite trend would have to be oversized.. I love baggy sweaters and baggy cardigans, they're just so cute and cozy! *-*
    I also like the Nordic trend. It's very wintery looking!~
    -Cat♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, I'm glad you enjoyed it Cat! ^^
      I agree, the oversized look literally works for everyone and it's so good for winter haha~
      Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  6. I just hate turtlenecks so much! Ugh I hope I won't learn to love it XD I like oversized shirts so much!! It feels so weird to see people casually wear nordic clothes because they just remind me of Santa so much XDD MAYBE THEY ARE ELFS!:O XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, I quite like them when they're styled well! ^^ Do people not usually wear this kind of jumper at Christmas where you are? Because every December the shops are filled with them and most people I know own at least one Christmas-y Nordic jumper hehe:p Thanks for reading Eunmi! x

      Delete
  7. You can never go wrong with an over sized jumper! I bought myself a turtle neck jumper this year and I'm in love with is as it's over sized too. :P

    I have plenty of Christmas jumpers to see me this Christmas as well. I think on the jumper front, I'm all set! :D

    http://theremightbecoffee.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they're like the easiest things ever to style hehe^^ I really want to get a nice turtleneck but I haven't got out shopping yet! Thanks so much for reading(: x

      Delete
  8. Hey Emily <3 Fall fashion is my absolute favorite~ Thanks for sharing!
    By the way, I've tagged you in Karyn & I's Beauty Tag! Feel free to share your answers with us if you have time <3

    xoxo Payton of K-Party With Payton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it too Payton! ^^ Thanks for tagging me, I'll check it out(: x

      Delete