Thursday, 2 October 2014

Beauty Blogger Tag!

I got nominated by my good friend Mindy from the blog Welcome Home to do this beauty blogger tag! Please go and check out her blog because she is so nice and cute and her posts are really great as well^^ I don't really consider myself a beauty blogger because I'm not that great at makeup and reviews, but I do have a lot of interest in the area so I thought it'd be fun to answer these questions since I haven't really addressed a lot of  these areas on my blog before! I hope you enjoy reading the answers, I'd love to hear some of your responses to some questions in the comments too(:

Getting to know you
Post 3 random facts about you:

  • I am a really clumsy person, I fall over a lot and always embarrass myself by like walking into things*-*
  • I like my job a lot but mostly because I like the clothes we sell and I can shop for myself while I work lol
  • I have quite a girly and cute style but I hate romantic and sad films, I would much rather watch an adventure or an action film

Here are the tag questions 

 What country do you live in?
-  England

☆ What's the meaning behind the name of your blog?
- Literally it's my name, my first name is Emily and my middle name Marysia (which is Polish) ~ My surname is Thomas but that sounds horrible so I used my middle name instead. =^-^=

☆ Why did you start blogging?
-  I don't have any friends who have the same interests as me, so I wanted a way to express what I like away from them, because I was always embarrassed that people would think I was weird~ but the internet is a good way to stay pretty anonymous at first.


☆ Makeup

☆ If you could live off one foundation which one would it be?
- I would pick BB cream over foundation anyday, but my most used foundation is the Bourgeois Healthy mix one because it's quite light and I like the finish a lot.

☆ What's the most expensive thing you've ever bought?
- Probably the Naked 2 eyeshadow palette from Urban Decay.

☆ Which product have you repurchased the most?
Maybelline's fit me concealer is my absolute favourite, it's so good and I've bought it like two or three times now - the colour matches even my pale skin and the coverage is really great!
 
☆ Smokey and Sexy, Girl Next Door or Bright and Bold?
 - Girl next door for me, I can't pull of anything sexy or bold at all hahaha

☆ Biggest Blogger/ Youtuber Inspiration?
- I don't know if it counts but the Korean makeup artist Pony makes amazing makeup tutorials on Youtube, I get really inspired with makeup looks and techniques from her videos.

☆ Drugstore or High End?
- I buy most of my makeup from  Korean and Western drugstore brands, I have very little high end makeup because I can find products I like in these places.

☆ Bronzer or Blusher?
-  I can go without either, but I use blusher more, I only recently got into using bronzer so I'm not very good at it-_-


☆ Skincare

☆ How many times a day do you wash your face?
- Twice a day, unless I take my makeup off halfway through the day in which case three times.

☆ Biggest Skin Struggle?
- I used to be really self conscious about the fact I get a little bit oily on my T zone if I wear makeup for a long time, but I don't really worry about it too much anymore~ besides the odd pimple I don't think I have anything I really hate about my skin.

☆ What's your favorite way to pamper your skin?
- Sheet masks! :D

☆ What's your skincare routine?
- I wash my face with a Laneige deep pore cleanser, then I use the Etude House Wonder Pore Toner, the first essence serum from Etude House as well and then a Nivea moisturiser in the morning and a sleeping pack at night 

☆ Are you confident to go without makeup?
- Not really, I can happily go out with natural makeup like no eyeliner or foundation but I always feel gross if I go out with nothing on at all, unless it's somewhere I really don't care about like walking my dog in the village.


☆ Hair

☆ Favourite hair product?
- Probably the Head and Shoulders apple shampoo :p

☆ First day hair or second day hair?
I like first day hair so much more, I often wear a hat after two or three days because it can be all over the place unless I have time to style it.

☆ How many times have you dyed your hair?
 - I dip dyed my hair green two years ago, and then I had the ends bleached for about a year until I cut my hair short. But I never dyed my whole head because I'm too scared!


☆ Fashion

☆ Neutral or Bright Colours?
- I like bright colours at parties or in the summer but I'm usually a pastel/neutral girl.

☆ Winter or Summer Fashion?
Winter because I don't have to show as much skin haha, and it's always more cosy than summer stuff.

☆ Jeans, Shorts, Skirts or Dresses?
- I love skirts and skorts the most, but I do wear jeans a lot to college because they're comfy. Given the choice though I really love to wear a pretty skirt.


That's all the questions, so thank you again to Mindy for the nominations! ^^ Most of the bloggers I would have nominated have already done this tag so I will just say to anyone who wants to answer them, I nominate you all even if you're not a beauty blogger and just like makeup! If you do it send me a link because I would like to read them. ^^ x

10 comments:

  1. Oh, so your middle name is Polish! I was always intrigued by that :3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that's right my mum is from a polish family and I inherited that middle name^^ I think it's much prettier than my last name though hehe>.< thanks for reading Diana! X

      Delete
  2. What a lovely tag! I always wondered about your blog's name~ It's so pretty!
    I love Pony too! But I think my biggest blogger inspiration would be you, especially since you were the first friend I made in the blogging world <3

    xoxo Payton of K-Party With Payton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much Payton^^ I don't think I write very inspiring stuff but I'm so touched that you would say that<3

      If you'd like to do this tag as well link me to it because Id love to read your answers! (: x

      Delete
  3. Freaking love Bourjois Healthy Mix, but I'm definitely with ya on the BB/tinted moisturizer train! My t-zone is like, seriously oily, and it's embarrassing when I look back now because I never bothered blotting my face until I hit university. PEOPLE MUST'VE THOUGHT MY FACE WAS SO GROSS ;-;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I feel the same way about my old pictures~ anytime before makeup my skin looked so gross and bleurgh:o but at least we learnt now and can pass on the knowledge to younger peers haha>.< x

      Delete
  4. Oh yes me too, BB Cream over foundation ^^ I think it's just more beneficial with more skin benefits!

    恵美より ♥
    www.emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay^^ I think I need to introduce more of my friends to bb creams hehe, thanks got reading Emi! x

      Delete
  5. PONY IS THE BESTTT <3 Hahaha I'm obsessed with her makeup tutorials! They're so detailed <3

    www.heylinni.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes she's sooo good! ^^ wish I could be that good at makeup hehe~ thanks for reading Rachel(: x

      Delete