Sunday, 22 June 2014

3 Concept Eyes (3CE) Lip Pigment Review

For those of you who saw my recent monthly favourites post, this review should be no surprise to you. I had quite a few messages and comments asking me to review this product because everyone seems to be curious about the brand and product itself. So I hope you all enjoy this review and find it helpful or interesting~ I don't have a lot of experience with 3CE, but I have bought a few things before, all of which I have loved, and this pigment was no exception! Let me know in the comments if you've tried anything from this brand before, thanks for reading guys! ^^


First things first, I bought my pigment from Yesstyle, while they had a sale for 10% of all 3CE products. I also shop there often so receive an extra membership discount of 5%. So in the end I paid £9.32, the original price fluctuates depending on if there's a sale, but it's usually around £10. That might seem like a lot for such a little product, and you probably can find it cheaper on other sites, but I like to use Yesstyle because I'm familiar with it, shipping is free on orders over £20 and they stock a bunch of other products/brands that I really like.

But beware, there are so many fakes of these around, so I would avoid Ebay at all costs. There are some listed on there for a few pounds, but they are almost certainly not genuine. There are a few ways to recognize the fakes ones though: If it comes with a little brush, it's fake. If the tube is rounder and longer, it's fake. But most importantly if it doesn't come with the long black sticker that says 'Stylenanda' in Hangul, it's not genuine.


Right now that's out the way, onto the actual review^^ The first thing I noticed when I opened the box, was that this is a very small product~ you can see the size against my hand below (bearing in mind my hands are small too). At first I thought I might have paid too much for it, but people don't lie when they say a little goes a long way. The pigmentation of this is incredible, it's so vivid and bright on my hand and my lips. I picked the colour 'Electro Pink' which is one of the brighter ones, but I am so impressed by the colour payoff. Something I doubt you would get with any knock off products.


The second thing I like about this is the lasting power. I wore this all day at college and it stayed put even after eating and drinking. It's not a particularly moisturising lip product, so I recommend a good lip balm as well. Saying that, I don't find it too be that drying, definitely not to the point that it's uncomfortable. It's also one of the best products that I've tried when creating a gradient lip, I received a lot of questions and compliments by wearing it this way.


I did do some research before I bought the pigment, and as many of you may be aware, one of the unique things about the product is that it comes in many different colours which can be mixed together. Obviously after only buying one colour, I can't tell you if this works or not, but I am really tempted to buy another few to test it out. The only thing I was dubious about was being able to mix the exact same colour twice, like for reapplications. But after trying this one, I don't think you really need to reapply it since it lasts for so long!


12 comments:

  1. It's so pretty!! It reminds me a lot of the OCC lip tars and Sleek's pout paints
    The colour is so pretty <3 Take care*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I've always wanted to try the lip tars>.< I'm glad you like the colour too, thanks for reading Diana! x

      Delete
  2. Love the color you chose. It's that type of vivid color that would rock the summer. :)
    I'm curious how well it blends with the another color too because the idea behind it is really appealing. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it too~ I get really into bold lip colours in summer, especially bright pinks and corals hehe^^ If I do get any more Ill be sure to make another post! Thanks for reading Chloe^^ x

      Delete
  3. The color is gorgeous! I love going for bright lip colors! Thanks for sharing <3

    xoxo Payton of K-Party With Payton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, bright lip colours are so fun in summer^^ thanks for reading Payton! x

      Delete
  4. Ouuu, loving that gradient! I've read a few reviews of these, and even found a seller at my local Asian mall that sells these! ($20-ish CDN) I probably won't end up getting these though, because application sounds like a hassle, but the longevity really is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Vanessa^^ You're so lucky that you can get these without going online, there are so many fakes out there I'm always so worried about buying them-__- I don't find it too much of a hassle to apply, but I admit it takes longer than something more sheer! Thanks for reading x

      Delete
  5. OH MY GOD EMILY I ABSOLUTELY LOVE YOUR GRADIENT LIPS <3 I would love if you do a tutorial of it!!!! Yes, it works great as a mixing color (with other 3CE lip pigments)! I have heard that it's quite drying, but seeing how it works wonderful for gradient lips---*cough*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you so much! ^^ I would do a tutorial but it's really not that complicated~ just put a little bit of product in the centre and I just blended it out with a lip brush! It's looks pretty thanks to the pigmentation of the product haha:p Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  6. I love it! looks so good on you~ I was contemplating buying it, but i'll probably pick it up because of you hehe.

    honnetatemae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks so much^^ I really recommend it bc it's such a good product! Thanks for reading Elyse! x

      Delete