Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Summer Fashion Lookbook with Raise

A few weeks ago I was approached by the lovely Jessica from Raise.com, who asked me to collaborate on a post for their blog. If you don't know already, Raise is a website where you can buy and sell giftcards from all kinds of retailers~ however it is an American website so the only currency available is in dollars. Hopefully in the future it will become a service for other countries too, because I really like the idea of the website!

There were no set guidelines for the post, the campaign is called 'Closet Swap' and is really just about showing what trends or outfits I'm going to be wearing this summer. I decided to do it in the form of a lookbook because it's simple and I can show you how I'm styling some of my favourite pieces. I hope you all like it, I've worked quite hard on this post~ so I'd love to hear your comments and feedback^^ Thanks for reading guys! 

Look 1 - Tropical Print



The first outfit I put together is featuring one of the trends that I have been a little obsessed with this summer. Tropical print is so fun and colourful, and in my opinion it doesn't get more summery than this! These cute little shorts are from a french shop called Pimkie, they're super loose and comfortable, perfect for wearing on the beach or just relaxing on a hot day. 


I have so many tropical pieces in my wardrobe now, I didn't know which ones to include~ if you'd like a whole post on the trend let me know in the comments.

Shorts - Pimkie
Top - Topshop
Shoes - New Look
Earrings - Claire's



Look 2 - Boyfriend Jeans


It's probably not news to any of you guys, but boyfriend and mom jeans have been everywhere recently. There's something about the loose fit that makes them look really casual and chic - I never thought they would suit my body type since I'm super short, but after shopping around I found the perfect pair for me. 


Of course there's endless ways to style a piece like this, but I prefer to keep it casual with trainers and a simple t-shirt. I wouldn't always wear the cap out, but I don't think it looks too bad. The whole outfit is just so comfortable, I can literally wear it anywhere!

Top - Primark
Jeans - Primark
Shoes - Chipies
Cap - Independent stall 





Look 3 - Girly Florals


The third look I always go back to in the summer is florals, not exactly revolutionary I know~ but in particular floral maxi skirts and dresses have been standing out to me a lot this year. There's something really pretty and girly about maxi skirts, especially chiffon ones. I got this one super cheap as well, I've been wearing it a lot recently. 


As for accessories, pink and purple are perfect for this look, and I'm also really loving gold jewelery with it too. Coincidentally my nails matched the flowers on my headband, so that turned out well^^

Skirt - Vintage
Top - Pimkie
Belt - Primark
Shoes - Next
Headband - Topshop
Rings - Primark/Accessorize


Look 4 - Gingham



This look is definitely the cutest one so far, I am absolutely in love with the gingham trend, especially in pastel colours! This sheer crop top is one of my new favourite pieces of clothing, it's just too adorable~ and it has a super flattering shape as well. Matching it with white jeans and platform boots is one of my most worn outfits this spring, and I intend to keep on wearing it! 

I found that pearls look really cute with pastel colours, and simple jewellery like that works best in my opinion~ I also went for a slightly more ulzzang style eye makeup, with droppy puppy eyeliner instead of a flick^^

Top - Pull&Bear
Jeans - H&M
Boots - H&M





What's your favourite trend this summer?

22 comments:

  1. I really love look 4!
    You look so cute <3

    http://bubbly-color.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you~ I'm glad you like it^^
      Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  2. Ohhh the floral look is so pretty *___*
    Take care*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg girl, you're totally model status! LOL I love the girly look~
    Thanks for sharing <3

    xoxo Payton of K-Party With Payton

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or not lol~ it was so awkward to shoot this>_< But I'm glad you like it Payton, thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  4. Love your looks, above all in boyfriends! I'm love tribals and pastel florals.

    Jasmine x
    For a Real Woman
    So easy Spanish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Pastel florals are another one of my favourites^^ x

      Delete
  5. I want a primark in sydney so bad xD I think the last outfit suits you best! Great lookbook Em!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't imagine a life without primark haha>.< Thanks so much for reading Xiu! ^^ x

      Delete
  6. Emily you're so pretty I love your styles ^^ especially boyfriend look <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much Misa! ^^ I'm glad you like them(: x

      Delete
  7. EEEH i love the last one so much!! I'm a sucker for gingham, the outfit is really simple and cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg me too>.< gingham is the best~
      Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  8. lovely post :) I really enjoy reading your blog! haha keep in touch x Peach

    http://momomoworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you(: I'm so glad you liked the post^^ x

      Delete
  9. I really liked this post <33 My favorite look was #3.

    http://alluringalyssbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you liked it^^ Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  10. hi emily my fave look is girly florals, it reminds me of zoella must be because of your hair and pretty eyes :) but i esp like you last set of pics you look so cute there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks for reading Shayne! You're so sweet~ hehe^^ x

      Delete