Wednesday, 12 March 2014

Girl's Generation Mr.Mr. Makeup Collaboration~

Today I'm sharing with you all my contribution towards a beauty blogger collaboration hosted by Lala from Lala's Wonderland. I'm so happy that I had the chance to be involved, this is the first time I've put myself forwards for something like this, because I don't think I'm that good at makeup>.< But I couldn't pass this one up because the theme was Girl's Generation's (SNSD) new music video 'Mr.Mr.', which I really really loved.


The member whose look I have recreated is Seohyun, and I hope that I have done it some justice~ because she looked super amazing in the MV^^


And here's my finished look with a tutorial to follow:


Tutorial:


1. Create a relatively flat, Korean style eyebrow. Brush the hairs across and up then fill in with powder or a pencil to create a straight line. I used a No7 Brow pencil and some brow gel to fix it.
2. I chose to apply some eyeshadow, but this is kind of optional. Just keep it simple with browns, a light colour for the lid, middle for the crease and dark for the outer v. I used shades from my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette. 
3. Apply the first layer of eyeliner, liquid or gel liner is probably best for this. Wing it out at the ends and extend slightly over the inner corner. Use your favourite liner, but mine is the No7 Stay Precise felt tip liner.


4. Apply some eyeliner on the lower lashline, joining it up with your other line to create a triangle. I used pencil liner for this because it looked a little softer~ But I'm sure other types would work nicely too.
5. Put on your favourite mascara or false eyelashes (I used Lancome Doll Eyes mascara) and draw a little pretend mole under your eye with one of the eyeliners you used before.
6. Find a fairly dark red lipstick and apply it all over your lips, preferably with a lip liner if you plan on wearing the makeup for a while. I used the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in shade 01.

And that's it! 

I really hope you liked this post, I'm a bit nervous about sharing it because I don't do many makeup tutorials. I'd love to hear some feedback in the comments, any improvements would also be gratefully accepted^^ Please go and check out the other ladies involved in the collaboration, all the links are below. Thank you for reading!


Jessica - Lala
Hyoyeon - Nella
Tiffany - Dewie
Sooyoung - Anne
Sunny - Delila
Taeyeon - Dina
Yoona - Lyne
Yuri - Nurina

39 comments:

  1. i love your bold lips, so outstanding ^^
    nice to meet you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much! I just saw your post, your look was so pretty^^ Thanks for reading Nurina(: x

      Delete
  2. hello. nice to collaborating with you. I am Nella.
    you looks so pretty :D nice tutorial too

    www.nellanelwan.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nella^^ thank you so much, I also love your tutorial:D x

      Delete
  3. Ohhh so nice *___*
    I've been loving the song and the music video <3

    Take care, have a nice day!*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana^^ I also really love the song, it's so catchy right? :D xx

      Delete
  4. Wow <3
    you look so pretty! ^^
    mind to followback GFC? :D
    Thank you ^^

    VISIT MY BLOG❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jessica^^ I already follow you on Gfc(: x

      Delete
  5. Nah, you did pretty well!! (It's ok, I'm not that great at makeup either, soooo)
    Seohyun's makeup is fierce and your makeup is fierce and red lipstick makes everyone look fierce. :3

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks Vanessa^^ I think that's the first time I've had 'fierce' makeup, I don't think it suits me all that well though>.< Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  6. You did great Emily! Really loving that red lipstick on you! <3 ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  7. waw, you're so pretty Emily!
    I love your lips, so bold like Seohyun's lips <3 <3


    http://mybeautypinastika.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dewie^^ thank you so much hehe~ I'm glad you liked it:D x

      Delete
  8. I love your tutorial, Emily! You should share more makeup tutorials on your blog ^^
    And you look so adorable with red lips omg ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lala, I will try more in the future^^ Thanks for reading! :) x

      Delete
  9. Emily you're so pretty thank you for the tutorial ^^ love the red lipstick on you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much Misa, I'm glad you liked it~ ^^ x

      Delete
  10. I envy how neat you do your eyeliner D: and you looked really really pretty. I love the red lips :)
    Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That wasn't the first attempt haha>.< Thank you for leaving such a kind comment Sarah! ^^ x

      Delete
  11. This is so pretty and natural Emily! :) You should wear more vibrant lipsticks and make more tutorials too! :D

    Love, Aimee
    chocobunnii13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Aimee^^ I'll try to make more tutorials in the future:D x

      Delete
  12. i love snsd♥♥ great tutorial!
    just stop by, have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!^^ thank you so much for your kind comment Delilah(: x

      Delete
  13. Ahhhh this looks so great, you nailed it!! You need to be more confident in this stuff because you're actually doing really great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg thank you so much^^ That's so sweet of you! I think I am going to try and do more tutorials in the future, the response has been much better than I anticipated(: x

      Delete
  14. I love your look~ It must have been so fun collabing with others! I'd definitely want to try that sometime ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Payton! ~ It was really fun, I hope you can try it out too sometime^^ I was thinking about doing my own collaboration of some sort in the future, and you'd be welcome to join in(: x

      Delete
  15. That's such a fun collaboration !
    Your makeup is really lovely ! ~

    I was a little bit disappointed with Mr Mr MV... T^T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you^^ that's such a shame you didn't like the mv~ personally I quite liked the fashion, makeup and set, but the editing put me off a little:p x

      Delete
  16. Sweet :3

    恵美より ♥
    emi-doll.blogspot.jp

    ReplyDelete
  17. what a great collaboration. love your makeup! thanks for the tutorial.

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh very beautiful lipstick!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You look gorgeous with red lipstick! Also, your makeup looks just like hers :)

    I've nominated you the Liebster Award. My apologies if you've already been nominated. Check out my blog post for more info :)

    http://www.pastelblvd.com/2014/03/the-liebster-award.html

    xx Stella

    ReplyDelete
  20. Birmingham Catering Hire are pleased to announce the launch of their new website at www.birminghamcateringhire.com. After six months of development, and countless cups of coffee, the new website is finally live. This new site builds on the industry leading original site with the aim of an improved customer experience, better layout and increased functionality. Since its launch in 2011 Birmingham Catering Hire quickly established itself as the UK's leading online only catering and event hire store. As well as an improved website the new store also comes with an increased product range a whole new category in our specialized http://www.birminghamcateringhire.com/exhibition.html section, along with approximately 150 new products.
    New features and functionality is constantly being added. Soon you'll be able to amend your order online within 48 hours of your event, credit account facilities and also the ability to pay for your order in installments.
    To celebrate the launch we are offering 10% off all orders during March. Simply enter the code 'New Website' into your shopping cart for an immediate discount. https://www.facebook.com/BirminghamCateringHire

    ReplyDelete
  21. catering equipment hire http://www.birminghamcateringhire.com/ catering equipment hire

    ReplyDelete