Tuesday, 8 October 2013

Maybelline Baby Lips Review

On my makeup haul post, a lot of you left comments asking for a review of the Maybelline Baby Lips which are so popular in the UK and US at the moment. I'm not that great at writing reviews, and my camera isn't that good either, but I'm still going to do it! I picked these up pretty recently at Boots because my friend recommended them to me, and they were so affordable, costing just £2.99 each /( ^o^)/ a huge plus when buying makeup these days (I swear it's so expensive now -_- ). 

From Left to Right - Pink Punch and Cherry Me
I picked up two because they were so cheap, the colours were Pink Punch and Cherry Me. They sell other colours too, but a few of them are colourless and are to be used as lip balms I guess, but that's boring! I wanted ones with colour, and I'd definitely recommend these two if you want the same^-^


The packaging is really cute, and I like that it's a twistable tube (probably not the right word but whatever lol) since it's more hygienic and easy to apply. They are fairly small and designed to fit in your handbag or makeup bag without taking up much room, which is a plus for me since I have a habit of filling my bags with stuff I don't even need! They act very much like tinted lipbalms, and feel really moisturizing when you wear them - even after a few hours my lips don't feel dry like they do when I wear stains or tints(:

Cherry Me and Pink Punch
Sorry about my hairy arms lol, that's the drawback of Macro mode on cameras -_- But at least you can see the colours a bit better right? It took a few swipes of product to get this payout, and as you can see they are actually quite pigmented - more so than I first thought. They are pretty easy to build up on the lips, and as long as you reapply once or twice they should stay like that for a while. Saying that, they don't really last all day, I find they rub of quite easily which is annoying for me since I'm in lessons a lot :l



Here they are swatched on my lips, as you can see there is definitely some colour there, the pink one especially comes out well. I like that they are quite sheer because it means I can wear them with everyday makeup, and if I need to reapply without a mirror (basically all the time thesedays omg) then it doesn't matter because it won't show if I'm not perfect. I think they really do rival the Revlon Lip Butters, though I prefer my lip butters because of the colour range~ but the price is most definitely a downside.

Final Verdict:

Pros
Moisturising
So cheap
Pretty pigmented
They taste yummy!
Small and hygienic packaging 
Buildable and easy to apply

Cons -
Don't last all day without reapplying
Not a big range of colours (yet)

Overall Score: 4/5 (^-^)

24 comments:

  1. Thank you for the review I always wanna try these tinted lip balms cause the ones available here are the baby lips lip balms without colors xD though the packaging is colorful ~_~ hehe pink punch looks cute on your lips ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading Misa! ^-^ that sucks that there's only colourless ones:s hopefully they become available for you soon! :D x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for your review, Emily! :D I only have the colorless lipbalm because they tinted ones are not available here T^T And the colorless ones neither but I got it from, Misa eheh xD (above comment LOL) Thanks for the review! I was really looking forward to read it, I hope it will be available here one day to haha And I might try out the Revlon lip butters since you mentioned it here as similiar :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, thanks so much for reading! ^-^ do they not have any in your country? That's a shame, but you always have the internet, or Misa I guess hehe:)

      I would definitely recommend the lip butters if you're looking for a slightly more pigmented colour that's still moisturising(: they are pretty pricey though huhuhu-_- x

      Delete
    2. They don't sell baby lips products here at all T^T And yes I think so hahaha xD btw, I Cherry me looks really nice on your lips hehe :D How much is the Revlon lip butter? D:

      Delete
    3. That really sucks(-_-) The Revlon Lip Butters cost about £7.99 here in the UK, but I would recommend one if you find a colour that you really like! ^-^ x

      Delete
  3. THanks for the review Emily :D I think I have one quite similar to these but the packaging here is a little different ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's ok, thanks for reading! I've heard that the packaging is different in other countries^-^ x

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the review! The Au ones just have the normal chapstick packaging and there not pigmented at all (In my opinion)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, thank you for reading! The ones I have used seem fairly pigmented~ perhaps there's a different formula in the Australia ones? x

      Delete
  5. Hey! Love this post! I've used the baby lips before and I like it :)

    paperandchic.blogspot.kr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello:D Thanks so much for reading! I'm glad you like them too hehe^-^ x

      Delete
  6. They are pigmented? O_O *facepalms* I am so stupid hahah ~~ I thought they were transparent lipbalms! XD Oh my.. But nice review. I suggest more details would be nice. ^^


    http://eyelashforaneyelash.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of them are just lipbalms! But I chose the pigmented ones because I thought they were prettier and more interesting^-^ What sort of details are you curious about? I can try to answer your questions if you like:D x

      Delete
    2. Anything! Or perhaps more close-up pics ^^ What kind of camera do you use?

      Delete
    3. I admit the pictures are definitely the downfall of my posts~ I don't have the money to buy a decent camera, so I'm currently only using the one on my phone lol. It doesn't handle close ups that well so I'm sorry about that>_< x

      Delete
  7. great review :) i love the range of colours and OMG they are so affordable :D

    ___________________________________________________
    Please follow my blog 'Heylinni' at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I will gladly follow you back!!! Us bloggers need to support each other
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your comment Rachel! I think the price is really good too^-^ x

      Delete
  8. Lucky you, we don't have the yet in my country. Although I'm not sure if I'd pick it up as I rarely buy anything from Maybelline (I think it's overpriced if compare to US prices ><)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame, I quite like Maybelline products^-^ x

      Delete
  9. Thanks for the review!!
    Love the cherry me color!
    Yeah, my experiences with tinted lipbalms aren't that awesome. They don't stay on but the point of a lip balm is to apply it more than once throughout the day right???

    By the way, do they make your lips super softer??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, thanks so much for reading! I agree with you, that was one of the only downsides to this product-_- I'm not sure if they made my lips considerably softer, but they definitely felt moisturizing when I wore them^-^ x

      Delete
  10. WOW! I love the color! So pretty! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, they're really pretty and pigmented^-^ x

      Delete