Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Makeup Haul ~ Lip Products

I just want to say a quick thank you to everyone for leaving such kind and positive responses to my last post, it was my first proper FOTD and I was a little nervous about putting it up because I wasn't sure what people would think. But I am so happy that you guys are always so supportive and sweet of me, and I'm glad that I have the opportunity to connect with you all through my blog! 

Anyway, today I'm going to share my most recent makeup haul - as I briefly mentioned before I went to a local fashion show at the weekend. While I wasn't allowed to photograph the actual show, I did get to go shopping afterwards, so I have a few things to make a post out of! I did buy quite a lot, but I wanted to show just the lip products today, since the majority of my beauty purchases fit into this category. Let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these products before, or if there are any I should really be looking into! I hope you enjoy this post guys, thanks for reading! ^-^

Maybelline Baby Lips - Pink Punch and Cherry Me
I finally got my hands on a couple of these Baby Lips! They've been so popular lately but I never got the chance to get some for myself, since they are so cheap (only about £3) I picked up two. My first impressions are quite good, although it isn't as pigmented as I imagined, they are super moisturizing and are so easy to wear and reapply. My favourite is the cherry colour, just because it's more noticeable on the lips.

Revlon Colourstay - 35 Backstage
Secondly, I got sucked in by the sales assistant at the Revlon stand and I ended up buying this lipstick. The colour is so nice, although it looks kind of brown in the tube, the actual colour is a pretty dark mulberry. I just thought it was perfect for fall, and it's supposed to last all day too - but we'll have to see about that hah.

Rimmel 1000 Kisses - 130 Don't stop blushing
I do still have the intention of buying some lip tints online from Etude House or Tonymoly, but I wanted to try out some of the Western brands beforehand. I picked this one mostly because the colour is super pretty, but also because the felt tip applicator intrigued me! I've only had this for a few days but I've used it to create a gradient lip look (which I'll post pictures of sometime) that I wore twice to College. I got quite a lot of compliments about it, and it seriously does last all day, but I recommend topping it up after eating.

Soap&Glory Lip/Cheek tint - Rosy Glow
There's a few of these out there in the market now, but I picked up this one because the packaging was cute, and it wasn't too expensive. It looks bright in the tube but it blends fairly easily, as long as you don't let it dry first! The only thing I'm not too keen on is that the taste is very bitter when you first apply it. However, once it dries the taste fades, and it does last for a long time, though I've yet to try it on the cheeks.

26 comments:

  1. awesome lip haul products :D you should do an individual review about them pretty emily.

    ღMichelleღ
    lapetitemichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Michelle! ~ I am planning on reviewing them in more detail once I use them more so stay tuned hehe^-^ x

      Delete
  2. so many lip products haha :D you should review them one by one because I'm really curious about the popular babylips , they're not available here but I would still love to read a review about them haha~ I never heard of the other brands tho ; o ; *I guess I live under a rock haha*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely review some in more detail once I've used them more(: these brands are all super common in the UK, but I expect you know plenty that I've not heard of! Thanks for reading Mindy^-^ x

      Delete
    2. yay , I will look forward to it, Emily :D And are you still learning korean? hehe~

      oh and btw, here's the giveaway I told you last time I wanted to host! I included a tony moly tint so if you enter and win you can try it out ^-^ eheh~ Here's the link ♡

      Delete
    3. I've not been doing it as much as before because of schoolwork-_- But I still try to study a couple hours a week, it's pretty difficult though! *-*

      I will definitely check out your giveaway, it's awesome that you're including a lip tint that I wanted to try anyway hehe! Hope I win lol^-^ x

      Delete
  3. Your baby lips are way better than the ones we have in Australia :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what the difference is lol*-* Are the actual products different or is it just the packaging? x

      Delete
  4. haha I agree with Xius' comment!
    cute haul!!
    waiting for your reviews Em~!
    xx Charmaine

    charrmyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen the Australian ones so I don't know the difference! *-* Thanks for reading Charmaine, I'll be sure to post reviews soon^-^ x

      Delete
  5. Wow, that's a lot of lip products! :D waiting for your review ^_^

    ee1988.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right, I went a little crazy in the store haha>_< I will definitely review some of the products in the future! Thanks for reading^-^ x

      Delete
  6. Awesome haul there, Emily. Please do a review on the Soap & Glory Lip and Cheek tint? It looks really interesting! (:


    www.chermaineho.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading Chermaine! I will review that product for you once I've used it for a little while^-^ x

      Delete
  7. Awesome haul I really enjoyed your post!! ^^ <3 i think i really need to try some of them out cuz they look soo pretty<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I would definitely recommend most of these products, stay tuned for more detailed reviews in the future hehe^-^ x

      Delete
  8. I have the cherry baby lips-- love it!

    biffsquiggled.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my favourite one^-^ I really like it too(: Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  9. Ooh fun haul! Can't wait to hear what you think of everything ^___^b I like Baby Lips, it's a pretty nice product for the cost... I believe I have Pink Punch ^__^ I Love the scents!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks for reading Anna, stay tuned for reviews soon! I forgot to even mention the scents, but the baby lips smell soooo good omg*-* x

      Delete
  10. Gotta get my hands on some Baby Lips :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are super popular at the moment! ^-^ I recommend the cherry one the most if you do get some:D x

      Delete
  11. Aww these Baby Lips are really popular, aren't they? I'm curious!

    Great haul! My mom also owned the Revlon one, she placed it on my armoire (what is it again in English?). One day I was bored and tried to try some lipsticks--I picked it without knowing if IT WAS ALREADY EXPIRED. So for the next few minutes I had to bear with burning and itchy sensation on my lips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very popular at the moment^-^ I think the word you're looking for is dresser? But I'm not sure hehe (-.-) Ooh that sounds painful, I guess that's the danger with keeping lip products for too long, or buying cheap ones:S Thanks for reading! x

      Delete
  12. Nice haul! Can you do a review on the baby lips?
    I really want to know if they do make a difference on your lips... I'm planning on buying it too!

    The Revlon Lipstick is a very mysterious color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading^-^ I will try and get a review for some of these products out as soon as I can, hopefully by next week:D x

      Delete