Saturday, 17 August 2013

Review ~ Real Techniques Eye Brush Set

After reading lots of reviews about these, I finally decided to purchase my first set of Real Techniques brushes. If you don't already know, they were created by Samantha Chapman who is a makeup artist and also part of the Youtube channel 'Pixiwoo'. I've wanted these for so long but I could never fully justify buying a whole set ~ but I recently found myself in need of new eye brushes so I just took the plunge. It's not like they're particularly expensive, this set of 5 brushes cost me £21.99. Let me know if you've used these brushes or any other brands that are good in the comments, I'd love to hear what you guys use! ^-^


I must admit I had high expectations for these brushes, and they did not disappoint me at all! If you've been considering these like I was, I urge you to just buy them because you won't regret it. The brushes are so soft, they are made with Taklon bristles which means it doesn't trap makeup like natural brushes do, wasting less product. I haven't washed them yet but I've heard that they keep their shape well and stay soft. 

The set also comes with a case which turns into a stand. I probably won't use the stand but I like the case because it provides extra space for other brushes too, so I can use it for travelling. I think I will use these for a bit before I decide, but I have every intention to purchase the set of face brushes in the future. I haven't tried that many brands of brushes, but these are definitely the best ones that I have used so far!


Brushes from left to right:

Deluxe Crease Brush - 'Soft, oversized design for effortless contouring'.
Base Shadow Brush - 'Applies a smooth, flawless foundation of colour'.
Accent Brush - 'Designed for precision detailing, spotlighting, highlighting and smudging'.
Pixel-Point Eyeliner Brush - 'Tapered cut is ideal for dense or fine eyeliner application'.
Brow Brush - 'Distinctive shape easily defines eyebrows'.

16 comments:

  1. I think these brushes sound quite good! I like that you won't waste much of the product :D I like the brushes from Bobbi Brown and MAC a lot~ you should try them out too! I don't know if they're better than these because I've never tried this brush set :o They're a bit pricey I think but thanks for sharing this set, Emily~! ^-^*


    Mindy~
    http://mymychen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like that too! I don't have the budget to buy high end brushes at the moment, but I have heard good things about those brands^-^ Thank you for reading Mindy! x

      Delete
  2. Nice brushes. I think they're worth their price

    Lalaine

    http://lovelylalaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I think the price is fairly reasonable:) Thank you for reading! ^-^ x

      Delete
  3. Believe it or not, the only brush I own is a small kabuki brush T-T Wanna lend me afew brushes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be like that, I only had a few brushes, and I didn't even use them haha:D I wear more eye makeup now though and I need decent brushes to apply it*-* I still use my fingers for foundation/bb cream though~ I don't get on with my current foundation brush._. x

      Delete
  4. I've heard a lot abt these brushes and have been wanting to get them for a long time now. Thanks for your review, Emily! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hesitated for quite a while, but now I'm very glad that I bought them:) You're welcome, thank you for reading! ^-^ x

      Delete
  5. these brushes sound's awesome :) yeah but a bit too pricey but anyways, great review make's me wanna purchase one for myself! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think the price is too bad, considering other brushes of similar quality cost upwards of £30 in the uk(: Buying a set also comes out cheaper than buying individual brushes! ^-^ x

      Delete
  6. Oh really cool brush set. I really want try this brand I see this product the another dy on the drugstore now I want try after read your review.
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you! I think that you should try it^-^ x

      Delete
  7. i like brushes from elf. lol super cheap and super soft XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, I've never seen those in the uk~ but I will check them out online(: Thank you so much for dropping by! ^-^ x

      Delete
  8. I ordered these brushes a few days ago, so it's good to read such a positive review :D I've only used brushes from Zoeva so far which are good, but not the best ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them too!^^ I've never tried those brushes before~ I only used to use super cheap unbranded ones haha*-* Thank you for reading! ^-^

      Delete