Sunday, 25 August 2013

Mustard Fashion

As I'm sure you all know, colours tend to be seasonal, for example pastel colours will always be in for spring, and neons are often trendy in the summer. As much as I hate to admit it, summer is drawing to a close here in the UK, and even though that might not stop me wearing pastels completely, I still want to get a few new pieces for the coming season.

Something that has really been catching my eye recently is the colour mustard, which I associate with fall fashion. I'm not really sure if it's considered a fashionable colour this year but quite frankly I don't have the time or money to worry about that ~ if I like it and it looks pretty, I'm going to wear it. After a quick Google search I came across a fair amount of outfits from all over the world that feature this colour. I put together some pictures for you guys to look at, just be sure to let me know which ones are your favourite, and which colours you're going to be wearing most next season! Thank you for reading ^-^

Korean Fashion:
 The thing I love most about the Korean outfits pictured is the simplicity of them, all the Mustard pieces are plain but just pairing them with a patterned top or dress really makes the colour pop. These are the kind of outfits I could wear to college, and I think that's why I'm taking so much inspiration from Korea at the moment.^^




Japanese Fashion:
In comparison to Korean fashion, the Japanese are so good at pulling off more statement outfits, as I'm sure some of you already know! I also really love it, perhaps it's not as casual but sometimes I want to look a little more dressy than what I might wear everyday. I particularly like the hat in the last picture, I am definitely going to try and get my hands on a mustard beanie or bobble hat!
 



Western Fashion:
 I'm not totally sure where in the world these pictures are from, but it doesn't really matter. Mustard coats seem to be perfect for Autumn, you'll be warm and cute since the weather isn't going to be fantastic. The blazer also seems like a good option because the sleeves can be rolled up in slightly warmer weather - if I get the chance to buy one of these items I'll be sure to update you guys if you'd like(: 




18 comments:

  1. omo I like the korean mustard outfits soo freaking much!! especially the jacket and the skirt *-* I really wanna buy a few mustard colored clothes now too haha I think i like the mustard beanie a lot too but I already have a mustard winter beanie in my closet :c If you're looking for cute asian clothes and beanies you can check out yesstyle! They're also offering free shipping till 31th august worlwide :) hehe I really love their online store the clothes are so freaking cute *-*

    Mindy~
    http://mymychen.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe some of the pictures here came from Yesstyle I think! I'm always checking out that shop, if the shipping is free I may put an order in soon, thanks for the information! ^^

      Thank you for visiting again Mindy:D x

      Delete
    2. I love YesStyle ! You won't be disapointed (just be sure to measure yourself, so you know if you fit into the clothes) ! Be careful with skirts, because they tend to be short !
      I always shop on their website, because they have so many cute clothes ! It's also great for outfits inspirations since every outfits have a lot of pictures.

      Delete
    3. Me too! Even though I haven't bought anything from there yet~ I always love looking at Yesstyle and Stylenanda because there are so many pictures for each item, so I can see how they are styled^-^ x

      Delete
  2. Mustard is a really nice color~ Now I feel the need to busy mustard colored clothing to add to my wardrobe *o*

    --Asian fashion, beauty, lifestyle--
    http://www.kyeomi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe agreed, I want to get a couple of pieces for fall^-^ x

      Delete
  3. I rekon a mustard coloured blazer would look really nice on you!
    If you order from yesstyle make sure you check for what fabric your clothes are, cause sometimes the fabric isn't really good and....yeah...
    5 more days then It's spring for me!
    xoxo
    charmaine
    charrmyn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice, I'm always a little cautious about buying online*-* Its so weird to think the seasons are different for you, like totally the opposite of where I am lol^-^ x

      Delete
  4. The mustard pieces looks so good on the models or girls in the photos, but mustard and my skin tone, I don't think would go very well lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel your pain, pretty models always decieve me*-* But hey, even if you didn't like wearing a full on mustard blazer, you could try something with an accent or choose an accessory like a bag, which isn't as striking^-^ x

      Delete
  5. Mustard is a warm version of yellow so it fits really well in the colder season! Too bad here in Australia, we're coming close to spring. Spring and summer heat here is so intense. I call it the birthday-suit-season xD JK
    But I'd be totally jealous of you when you start posting up those autumn/winter outfits *wink wink*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah man I wish summer in the Uk was that reliable lol. Though it wasn't too bad this year:D

      Girl if you want to see my ootds - I'll make it happen, though they might not be something to marvel about haha*-* x

      Delete
  6. Mustard is such a lovely colour! I bet it'll look really good on you :D I personally love mustard coloured sweaters or jackets. Unfortunately it's always summer in Malaysia -.-


    xx Mandy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading Mandy! I also love the jackets and chunky knitwear~ I guess the only good thing about it being cold in the UK is to wear lots of layers and big jumpers hehe^-^ x

      Delete
  7. I love korean fashion :D I don't have good sense in fashion but I adore looking at people who can really dress beautifully! And I think any clothes looks good on skinny people :(

    Post your OOTD :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I love looking at pictures of people who dress prettily! ^-^ I will be sure to post an OOTD when I go to college next week:D x

      Delete
  8. I can't wait for it to be autumn! I love coat season personally (feeling like a summer scrooge now) but layering is such a lush trend. Wrapping up all snuggly is my idea of chic and comfort! Can't wait to see what coats you've got for the fall!

    I've also nominated you for the Liebster award! Please check it out here!

    edge-e.blogspot.co.uk

    Loves.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I know what you mean Joey, thanks for commenting^^ And thank you so much for the nomination, it's so sweet of you so I'll go check it out:D x

      Delete