Friday, 9 August 2013

Cute Hip Hop Fashion


I think my interest in cute hip hop fashion became apparent after Girl's Generation released 'I Got A Boy' near the beginning of 2013. I'm aware the style has been around in Korea for a while, but it only caught my attention in the music video. I remember watching it for the first time and being completely in awe of the colourful street style outfits, paired with the cool choreography, this music video quickly became one of my most watched Kpop videos of all time! Following the release, I started to notice the cute trend in other videos (new and old) and also on websites like Stylenanda. Today I will share just a few of my favourite pictures with you, so be sure to let me know what you think in the comments!



This is just another outfit from 'I Got A Boy', I was particularly drawn to the baseball jacket. I like how Girl's Generation showed yet another side of themselves with this comeback. We've seen plenty of cute, sexy and glamorous looks which I have no quarrels with whatsoever, I just liked the fresh concept.
 

I really like superheroes and comic book style things, so this outfit really appeals to me. Over-sized shirts can be difficult to pull off if you're small like me, but I think with tight trousers or shorts, most people can wear baggy clothes and still look cute! 


One essential feature of the hip hop trend is a hat. I see them all the time in Korean fashion, but a lot less around the UK, especially on girls. I don't know, I feel a little odd walking round in a snapback given my usual style and size. I guess this sort of cute trend hasn't really hit the UK, which sucks for me aha.


I've also been drawn to slogan and numbered T-shirts recently, I guess because it fits in with the whole hip hop vibe. Though I have to admit nowadays it's hard to find a slogan that doesn't sound stupid or pretentious in England. I never liked the 'Geek' shirts that were so popular for a while. Perhaps because they were popular but most likely because they featured words that had no association with the wearers who certainly weren't 'Geeks' hah.


One of my biggest fashion inspirations to come out of Korea is Hyuna and she is always rocking hip hop style. She always looks so good in outfits that would never look good on me, being such a talented rapper/dancer helped her pull of the style even better. But I guess that's just Kpop for you right?


I know a few of my readers are 2NE1 fangirls, and I'm certainly not ashamed to admit that I am too! Their music is so cool and totally fits the hip hop style. I'm fully aware that 2NE1 were rocking this style long before Girl's Generation, but I think the difference is that GG leaned a lot more towards the cute end of the spectrum, whereas these girls always look super cool.


Alongside being a massive fangirl when it comes to various Kpop bands, one thing I seriously couldn't live without is Running Man. I posted about this show numerous times, but I can't even explain how happy it makes me! Song Jihyo is the only permanent female and although her style might not be as edgy or outlandish as Korean idols, I totally love it ~ especially the vast collection of cute caps she seems to own. Seeing her bare faced and casual makes her style so so wearable and transferable to England.

This is the only cap I own lol


25 comments:

  1. Love the Korean style, so colourful and cool looking! Liking your hat, soo cute!! Nice blog!

    Lorraine xx
    http://lollikelly.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice style,sis~☆
    Anyway,do you want to have a makeup collaboration with me?it's about Kpop makeup.. are you interest?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That sounds like fun but I'm not really sure what a collaboration consists of, I've never done one before! You can always E-mail me at emily.marysia.thomas@gmail.com if you like, or just respond to this comment again^-^ x

      Delete
  3. Jihyoooooooo!! Haha :D I have started to like this style so much!!
    I like your cap!! You're so pretty^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeeah, Running Man is the best! Thank you so much for leaving me such a sweet comment ~ you made me smile aha^-^ x

      Delete
  4. This is a great post and you are so cute =)

    www.gwiyomistyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that style too! I'm limited in clothing in that style though T-T
    Your hair is really pretty in that picture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I have like two tops that match this trend lol*-* And thank you!

      Delete
  6. I love SNSD's hiphop style! All the clothes were so pretty^^


    gwensternator.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe same here, I would kill to get just one of their outfits! *-* x

      Delete
  7. I like the hip hop style, I think it has a certain edge/urban feel, yet has a cute appeal on girls. I think the hat is cute on you, you should rock it!! You can be the first to start the trend in the UK ^___^b

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha thank you so much Anna, one day I will be brave and wear it out somewhere! ^-^ x

      Delete
  8. I love the outfits of SNSD in their "I got a boy" Mv. But I don't think I could wear it. Or if I try to dress like them, it doesn't look good on me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine the outfits would look quite right on anyone except Kpop idols aha ~ I just like to be inspired by the colours and patterns and toning it down into more everyday wear! ^-^ x

      Delete
  9. I really like this style ^_^
    especially the oversized T-shirts!
    lately I'm listening to a lot of music of SNSD :3
    they're my favorite K-pop group :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay another SNSD fan! :D I also love oversized t-shirts at the moment^-^ x

      Delete
  10. you are so cute http://differentcands.blogspot.kr/2013/08/joggers.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cool! I love these clothes!
    I adore your blog~! I'm following you, I'd be utterly happy if you followed me back~!
    Could you please visit my blog? I post korean cosmetics and lenses reviews:
    http://born2cute.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thank you so much! Of course I will go and visit your blog right away^-^ x

      Delete
  12. Hi again ! I tagged you on my blog to do the "Shop my stash" tag !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha thanks for letting me know, I'll go check it out right away!^-^ x

      Delete