Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Makeup Review ~ Sleek 'Blush by Three'

I haven't done a product review for a long time, so I thought I'd write about one of my new favourite products at the moment. I'm not sure if the Sleek brand is available outside of the UK but I picked up one of their blush palettes in Superdrug. I chose the Lace 367 palette, which consists of the colours Crochet, Guipure and Chantilly. They have other choices and you can purchase the blushes individually, but I got the set of three for £9.99 instead of buying a single one for around £4.49.

It comes in a perfect sized palette with a mirror too
 At first I wasn't sure about the colours, especially the orange because it was very bright on my pale skin and looked really odd. But as I persevered and got familiar with the product, I found a little goes a very long way. With a good amount of blending, the colours come out pretty on my cheeks ~ I tend to use them when I'm dressing up a little more though, they aren't really everyday shades.

From left to right: Chantilly, Guipure, Crochet
Chantilly is actually a lot brighter than this picture seems, it is a matte shade and compliments cool skin tones like mine quite nicely. The middle colour is my favourite, it's a rose pink base with a gorgeous gold shimmer running through it. I don't own anything quite like it, the shimmer makes it perfect for special occasions or even to spice up a more neutral look. Crochet is again brighter than shown, but I didn't have any coral blushes, and this one makes me want to try other shades! It's a matte colour and I imagine will become a staple in my makeup collection.

Sorry about the quality of this, I couldn't find good light
Have any of you tried Sleek products, or are there any other brands of blushes that I should try out? Let me know what you think in the comments^-^ Thank you for reading guys!

4 comments:

  1. Chantilly and crochet look like such nice colours. Have you ever tried blending the two together?
    Just a thought :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a quick experiment before, but I think I prefer the colours separately ~ but I'm sure some people would like them together^-^ xx

      Delete
  2. I ❤ those blushes! But... they're not really for everyday wear and I've tried it myself and to me it seemed smudgy!! I must admit that I wasn't in the perfect weather conditions!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they're more suited to special occasions! x

      Delete