Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Etude House

I've promised that should I ever get to visit Asia, specifically Korea/Japan, I will rush to the closest Etude House in order to satisfy the longing I've had for their products. I see other beauty bloggers gush about how much they love the products and I can only sit in front of the computer inventing various schemes in order to get my hands on some ~ most recently it's to wait until I finish my exams, my dad agreed to give me a cash reward based on how many As and A* I get. I just have to work super hard then I can buy what I like!

This post is just going to be about which products I would love to try, I have no experience with the brand at all ~ I just admire the pictures^-^ If anyone does have opinions or recommendations about any Etude House products, I would love to hear them - since I can't purchase all the things that I want... Any comments are greatly appreciated (:

Precious Mineral BB Cream
This BB Cream is quite possibly the thing that I have heard the most about, and that I am super keen to try for myself. Of course it's hard to buy foundations/concealers online because you can't match the colours ~ so I think it would be wise to order some samples first, even though I'm often the lightest shade in UK terms, I am unfamiliar with the scales in Asia. I've heard it has wonderful coverage and lasts for a long time without a primer. I've not been too impressed with BB Cream in the UK, but this one seems like a winner!

Lovely Cookie Blusher Puff
How adorable are these?! I'm such a sucker for cute packaging if I saw something like this in a drugstore, I might not be able to stop myself buying one! This is of course impractical, but I have heard good things about these particular blushes and I especially like the look of number 1 and 2. I don't tend to spend much on blushes, but I feel in need of a really good staple pink one.

Dr Lash Ample
The fact that this was the first Etude House product I heard about purely through 2ne1's endorsement does not make me biased at all. Ok, well maybe a little. I'm usually doubtful about this sort of product, it claims to lengthen the lashes but I can't imagine by an extremely significant amount. It is an expensive product, so perhaps not something I would buy for myself. Apparently many Asian girls suffer from short, downwards lashes, so maybe this product helps to counteract that ~ I don't really have this problem though, my lashes are just quite sparse.

Dear My Blooming Lips
The picture isn't easy to see, but you can find it easily if you'd like a closer look^-^ The final product that I wish to talk about a little is the lipsticks. I get easily confused when it comes to lipstick, there are so many colours and formulas about these days it's rather overwhelming. Saying that, again, I've heard wonderful reviews about this particular lipstick, and some of the colours look super pretty on Dara in the ads (not that they would look like that on me but hey, a girl can dream right?). The peachy shades really catch my eye the most, closely followed by the light pinks like Dara wears here.

12 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, SAME! My dad said that I can take a trip to anywhere in the world if I get straight A* s (fat chance, lol, being sarcastic here... probably won't happen) but still, I might just persuade him somehow? :P And yes, I agree - I've always been itching to try out Etude House products ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh that's an awesome reward, way to get motivated! xx

      Delete
  2. My Dutch friend Sanne, managed to get to Korea and when she came back she had a MASSIVE stash of Etude House products. I'm not that familiar with Etude House, but I do know a Korean beauty company called Ceci.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know as much about Ceci but I have heard of them too^-^ x

      Delete
  3. I love Etude house! Its so pretty and more affordable than other korean cosmetic companies. My first ever Etude product is on its way to my mailbox right now! I've ordered the Drawing Eyebrow Pencil. I'm trying to get into filling in my no-brow eyebrows.
    Good luck with choosing what you want out of that huge variety xD
    Ps. Is it just me, or is Etude crazy for letting Dara go? (Yes I'm 2NE1 biased TuT)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg Dara was the best person ever for Etude House, literally the embodiment of Etude House products*-*

      You'll have to let me know what you think once your package arrives^-^ x

      Delete
  4. Ahh I love Etude House products! I've tried the Etude House Mineral BB Cream before and it was a bit too light for my skin but I was a lot tanner back then. And I think they do have more color selection nowadays. Have you heard of their new CC Cream? Dunno if you wanna add that your wish list as well, but it's new and has been all the rage lately :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about the CC cream, but I've yet to try the UK brands out ~ I'll have to do that sometime to see if they're any good here^-^ x

      Delete
  5. Hi Emily! Yes you should come to Korea and Japan. Those 2 countries are beautiful, the people are kind, the cultures are interesting. For Etude, maybe you can buy at Korea because the price is cheaper. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope that I get the chance one day, not just to buy makeup but to experience the culture too! ^-^ x

      Delete
  6. Hi Emily! I want to nominate you for Versatile Blogger award.

    http://lucyandherblog.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/versatile-blogger-award-nomination.html

    Lucy
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy! I will definitely do the tag, it just might take a little while~ ^-^ xx

      Delete