Saturday, 23 February 2013

The Perfect Red Lips

Quick post today, I'd like to share with you all how I do a red lip. I understand that everyone has their own way of doing it, but it took me a few experiments to find the perfect shade of red for me - and if you're struggling, hopefully I can provide a little bit of inspiration^-^

My skin tone is very pale, so I tend to go for a cherry red as oppose to a deep burgundy colour - but this might not suit every skin tone, so make sure to test it out before you buy it!

The overall look (I'm also using a lip liner from No7 to prevent feathering.)
Kate Moss for Rimmel - Shade 01
This is a popular lipstick that I'd heard a lot about from various beauty bloggers, so of course I had to try it out. I must say, I think it lives up to the reputation. The consistancy is wonderful, and it applies like a dream. The colour is perfect for me, not too bright but not too dark either - just what I wanted really! (:

What's your perfect red lipstick? Tell me in the comments - I'd love to know! ^-^



5 comments:

  1. Wow cool.. I rarely use a red lipstiick before,but I want to bought a red lipstick soon.. thank you for the review~♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I usually stick to pink lipstick because its easier to wear ^-^ xx

      Delete
  2. This red lipstick is so cool.. me too rarely use red lipstick because then I look like Snow White XD ~~ I usually wear light violet or light pink lipstick^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahah, with the wrong colour I end up looking like a vampire - but not a pretty one like in the films:L xx

      Delete
  3. The red lipstick looks so good on you.
    Smooth and perfect!!

    I don't use lipsticks because I feel too young to use it.
    I stick to tint balms.

    (Hehehehe i'm looking through your old posts)

    ReplyDelete