Tuesday, 12 February 2013

Review: Lancome Doll Eyes Mascara

I have a hard time finding good mascaras. They all claim to work wonders, but I find this is rarely the case - especially with drugstore products. I've tried so many brands, but have yet to find one I really like, though I have some that are decent quality.

Because of my dilemma, last Christmas I decided to reach out to higher end products. This is something I hardly ever do, purely because I don't have the money to do so, and normally drugstore makeup is perfectly fine for me to use. I chose a Lancome mascara, the 'Doll Eyes' version because I'd heard very good reviews and I liked the sound of having doll eyes^-^


First off, how sweet is the packaging?! Anyway, that's not the point, the first thing about the mascara that I noticed was the brush. It's fairly thin and easy to coat every lash - which is nice. When I applied it, I found that it gave my lashes lots of length, but hardly any volume. This is ok for me, because I tend to prefer lengthening mascaras - however I know that some people do not. On the plus side, it didn't clump and it only took one coat to make my eyes look prettier(: I would recommend this if like me, you look for length. Alternatively if you want volume, this probably isn't the mascara for you.


Have you tried any Lancome mascaras? Or do you have a particular drugstore mascara that I should be using? Let me know in the comments.^-^

2 comments:

  1. I have to try this mascara. I recently using Kobo's mascara.. It really makes lashes longer.. I look like I have false lashes kinda^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've not heard of that brand before, it sounds good, I might have to do some research:D xx

    ReplyDelete