Sunday, 6 January 2013

Looking Back.

It's been a little while finishing this post, but I've been trawling through my pictures to find the best moments of 2012. It's been quite a busy year for me, so I think it's nice to have a look back at my favouite times and have a record for the future as well! Thank you for reading, or looking if you just want to see the pictures(; x

Lolita Fashion evening at the V&A London
One exciting thing for me was getting my first taste of real Japanese fashion, something I'd been longing for since I was about 14. Not being able to go to Japan meant I had to just scroll through countless images on the internet to get my fix. So naturally, I jumped at the chance to go and admire some outfits and people in person. (There was a blog post a while back with more pictures if you are interested.)

Dip Dip Dip!
One of the most daring and exciting things that I decided to do last year was dip dye my hair green when it became a trend. After I persuaded my parents (mainly dad...) that it was a good idea, I went along to the hairdressers and bit the bullet. I only had it over summer because my school would flip if I turned up with hair like that, but I really loved it and I'm so glad I got to try something a little out of my comfort zone style-wise(: Again, there is a whole post on this if you're interested!

Bristol Fashion Week 2012
 It's become a tradition for me and my best friend to go to the Bristol Fashion shows twice a year. Although there is an exhilarating atmosphere at big events such as the Clothes Show, the cosy, close to home vibe from the Bristol shows is really something! It's always presented by TV stylist Mark Hayes, and TV hairdresser Andrew Barton and all the clothes are from High Street shops in the mall which you can go and purchase right after the show. I love it so much and look forwards to it no matter how many times I've been!

Weymouth Beach
 One thing I'm happy about was that this year I got to spend a lot of time with my friends and make lots of amazing memories, since this is our last year together at secondary school before we spilt for college. I'm going to miss them an awful lot, so making the most of the precious time that we have left is a must. A resolution of mine is to organise more day trips together so we can see eachother as much as possible.

Fashion Show 2012
 Another thing I got to do was take part in a fashion show for my school. It was all the art and textiles students from year 10, 11 and 12 showing the garments that they had produced on the theme of world cultures. I chose Japan and I got to design, make, style and model my creations on the catwalk. It was an incredible experience, though very scary, I would love to do it all again if I got the chance next year.

Fancy Dress Party
 It's only a small thing, but going to parties and events is something I've enjoyed, especially when I got to go with my friends. I guess I just love to dress up and put makeup on for an occasion, but little parties like those give me nights to remember and treasure for years to come(:

Treetops High Ropes Course
 I never thought I had a problem with heights, until I got put somewhere very high. I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a fear of mine, but I was very uncomfortable climbing across wobbly bridges and rickety ladders through enormous trees! Somehow though, I completed the course, and jumped off a 60ft ledge afterwards. As you can see from the picture, I was quite happy to have finished!


Family outing in Yorkshire 
As well as seeing friends, I got to spend some time with family that I rarely see due to them living far away from us. I really value all the time I get to see relatives, not seeing them often makes me appreciate the visits and trips that we do have. I'm so thankful that all of my family care so much for me and genuinly take interest in my life, giving me advice along the way. I know not everyone is as lucky as I am when it comes to this kind of thing, but I think everyone should try and make the most of who and what they have got.  


No comments:

Post a Comment